• Welcome to Sleuth the Wild, a new space with room to stretch out and explore the nooks and crannies of wilderness mysteries, mishaps, and the missing. Start by hitting that REGISTER button, and email Lost Mitten to increase privileges. Bring your friends, sleuths, outdoorsy folks, experts, newbies...Help us develop something special here, find some answers, and learn new skills. You never know, one day you could be the missing or the mystery we solve...
  • Temporary contact for Admin: lostmitten@sleuththewild.com

Crime NH - Jason Feierstin and Dylan Stahley plead guilty to reckless conduct charges

She Made Me Do It

Charter Member
What do y'all think of this? This had to do with a difficult SAR operation.

Here's the NH Fish & Game statement:

The two fellas got cliffed out while scrambling off-trail. Rumor is they were wearing flip flops. It sounds like they hopped out of their car and went UP: they didn't know where they were? Like at all? "He didn't know where he was, but could see the highway...."

Last edited:

Cabin Fever

Groovy
I've seen some pushback that hikers shouldn't have to pay for rescue, the mountains should be a welcome place for all, newbies shouldn't be penalized....
But I can't imagine the push-backers actually read the details or understood the "hikers" were not hikers in the sense they were hiking the trail. They were just some dudes randomly scrambling up rocks from a parking lot. They didn't even know where they were. I guess they were just driving through.